YOGA CLASSES FOR BEGINNERS
New to yoga? Welcome!
Yoga is a lifelong practice – you can start at any age!
We have classes for everybody – all levels of fitness and flexibility encouraged.
HERE ARE A FEW TIPS FOR YOUR FIRST VISIT TO YOGAHARTA
- Download the ‘MINDBODY’ app onto your smartphone – search for ‘Yogaharta’, and you’ll be able to see our schedule, pricing, and book in for classes on the go!
- Come along 5-10 minutes before class begins, as you’ll have to fill in a short form, and we can show you around.
- Please leave your shoes at the bottom of the stairs, when you enter.
- We have two toilets and a change room if you need to change before/after class.
- Let your teacher know before class if you have any relevant existing injuries, medical conditions, recent surgeries, or if you are pregnant, so that they can be aware and offer you variations if necessary.
- There are pigeon holes for you to leave your personal belongings safely in the studio (please turn your phone OFF or on silent mode).
- We have mats, blocks, bolsters and blankets all for your use, free of charge.
- If you have any questions before or after class, please don’t hesitate to ask your teacher!
SOME BENEFITS OF PRACTICING YOGA ARE:
- Increased flexibility
- Ease stress and anxiety
- Increased body awareness
- Less aches and pains
- Awareness and control of your breath
- Build strength and muscle tone
WHAT TO BRING:
- Water bottle
- Yoga mat (if you own one – we have mats for your use here, and also mats for purchase)
- Extra layers in winter (you will warm up in most classes, but you can cool down quite fast so it’s advisable to bring a jumper/jacket with you.
- An open mind! Be prepared to have a gentle but powerful transformation of body, mind and spirit!