Have you come along to our regular kirtan evenings and tasted Julie’s delicious choc orange brownies? After numerous requests, she has finally written up her recipe, so you can all enjoy the choc orange deliciousness in the comfort of your own home!
**Disclaimer: quantities are estimated, as she throws everything in without measuring, so play around with quantities, and substitute this with that – and let us know if you come up with a winner!
CHOC ORANGE BROWNIES
vegan | gluten free
½ cup of wheat free oat flour/instant oats
½ cup almond flour
½ block of vegan chocolate (I use ‘Alter Eco’ brand – sea salt flavour)
⅓ cup cacao powder
2 oranges – rind and juice
⅓ – ½ cup maple syrup
1 tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt (or more)
1. Preheat the oven to 175C
2. Melt the chocolate on the stove (I add a few tbsp of water)
3. Grate as much orange rind as you can be bothered, and squeeze the oranges
4. Add all ingredients (except only half of the rind) to a bowl and mix
5. Pour batter into a small-ish oven dish, lined with baking paper
6. Sprinkle remaining orange rind on top
7. Bake for 30-35 minutes at 175C
8. Let it cool before slicing, and enjoy this delicious delight!